In this course you will learn how to translate and localize mobile apps and find out what tools to use to make this process easier. You will also see a few sample projects and real-life scenarios to get you started on your path to a new specialization. Finally, you will have a sneak peek into the workflows of your potential customers to be able to draw up a marketing plan for your freelance business.
Sounds interesting? Here is exactly what we will cover:
- Mobile app localization process
- Overview of mobile app operating systems
- Features of app stores
- The most common challenges and solutions
- Introduction into programming languages
- Mobile app localization tools
- Sample projects
- Mobile app testing
- How to find customers (for freelance translators)
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
- Introduction to the course (0:54)
- What is localization? (2:38)
- Why mobile app localization is an interesting industry (2:53)
- Mobile app localization process (4:24)
- The role of translator (4:13)
- What other skills will I need (5:00)
- Overview of the Android system (4:50)
- Overview of iOS (1:41)
- Overview of Windows Mobile and BlackBerry (2:31)
- Features of Google Play, App Store (7:19)
- How apps are developed (8:17)
- Quiz 1
- The most common challenges in mobile app localization – part 1 (4:55)
- The most common challenges in mobile app localization – part 2 (6:04)
- The most common challenges in mobile app localization – part 3 (4:46)
- The most common challenges in mobile app localization – part 4 (4:04)
- The most common challenges in mobile app localization – part 5 (3:16)
- Let's face the challenges!
Hi, I’m Dorota Pawlak, your instructor
I help translators and freelancers to upgrade their skills, grow their businesses and expand their potential.
I'm a qualified translator, entrepreneur and writer. Languages and technology has always been my passion. That's why I begun my adventure with localization.
Let me take you on a journey through the mobile application world to help you create engaging user interface in your language, solve potential localization issues and translate the in-app texts in the best possible way.
Is this course the right match for me?
This course is for you if:
- You're an established translator and want to add a new specialization to your offer.
- You want to learn more about mobile app localization to start working in this field.
- You're a translation or localization student and want to find out how to translate mobile applications.
- You're a newbie translator and you want to build your subject matter knowledge.
Frequently asked questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts as soon as you enroll. It is a completely self-paced online course. You decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have unlimited access to the course for as long as you like and across any and all devices you own. You can also download some materials to your device.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, just contact me in the first 30 days and I'll give you a full refund.
Is the course useful for newbie translators?
Definitely! If you're just starting your translation career, whether freelance or in-house, this course will equip you with the right tools to start working on mobile app localization projects.
Any more questions?
Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions about this course.
"Very well done. The course has a good structure and each subject is dealt with very clearly and in depth. I recommend it thoroughly." - Laura C.
"As someone who has translated apps for 7 years (only doing the translation work itself, everything else is dealt by the agencies I provide translation services to), I was pleasantly surprised by this course. There's a lot more to the localization process that I wasn't aware of previously, and this course has made me feel better prepared to eventually offer my services directly to developers." - Karen B.
"As a translator looking to branch out into software and website localization, this course was a great pick." - Ana B.